2021 KIA K5 | Steven KIA in Harrisonburg, VA
ALL-NEW 2021 KIA K5 SET TO DISRUPT AND INSPIRE THE MID-SIZE SEDAN MARKET
Kia’s Most Powerful Mid-Size Sedan Ever Unleashes the Spirit of Discerning Drivers with Head-Turning Design, Enticing Powertrain Options, and Exciting Technology.
- Powerful and bold appearance incorporates Stinger design DNA while expanding Kia’s future design language
- All-new N3 platform is stronger while being longer, wider and lower
- New all-turbocharged engine lineup delivers improved efficiency and higher horsepower; including a new 2.5-liter that produces 290 horsepower and best-in-class available torque
- New standard 8-speed automatic transmission
- Segment exclusive available 8-speed “wet” dual-clutch transmission
- New all-wheel drive option available with 1.6T engine delivers peace of mind with improved stability and capability
- Proudly assembled in West Point, Georgia alongside the award-winning Telluride SUV
Nearly a decade after the 2011 Kia Optima paved the way for one of the auto industry’s most significant growth and achievement stories, Kia Motors America (KMA) is resetting expectations once again with the reveal of the all-new K5 mid-size sedan. Representing one of the biggest leaps forward between generations in recent automotive history, the K5 celebrates this bold new chapter in Kia’s story with an equally bold name to emphasize the mid-size sedan’s revolutionary design, all-new safety and performance enhanced “N3” platform, turbocharged engines, available all-wheel drive1, and high-impact technology. In other words, Kia’s “Give It Everything” philosophy in the U.S. is evident and “alive” in this new machine.
But why try to reimagine the sedan, especially during a time when the market continues to shift towards crossovers and SUVs? Fueled by an unstoppable spirit to push harder and work smarter, Kia was determined to give it everything instead of giving up; completely rethinking the traditional sedan.
Going on sale this summer, the K5 will be available in four trim levels (LX, LXS, GT-Line, EX), with the adrenaline-fueled GT to follow later in the fall.
If you’re in Harrisonburg or Staunton, Waynesboro, Charlottesville or one of the surrounding areas – then we’re the KIA Dealership for you. Shop at Steven KIA today! We look forward to seeing you.
A Daring, New Design Identity
A catalyst for the further transformation of Kia’s lineup, the K5’s powerful and angular design language represents another chapter of boldness and passion for the brand. The centerpiece is Kia’s modernized “tiger face,” with the wide and thin front grille extending into the headlight and hood structure. From the side, the K5’s low-slung and fastback silhouette confirms the impression it was made to run, highlighted by a chrome garnish that spans the roofline and wraps around the rear glass. A number of other exterior design traits give the K5 an unexpected level of visual impact:
- Shark skin-inspired mesh design on front grille and dual chrome exhaust tip garnish (GT-Line, GT)
- Signature “Heart Beat” daytime running lights and taillights with available LED “dashes” span the width of the rear deck lid
- Gloss black applique on rear glass enhances fastback shape while maintaining sedan functionality and cargo space
- Newly designed 16-, 18-, or 19-inch alloy wheels (18- and 19-inch wheels come with sporty Pirelli P-Zero tires)
Harmonizing the open layout of the cockpit is a newly designed infotainment display that seamlessly stretches into the instrument panel, creating a futuristic, three-dimensional layout and driver-centric space.
At the Root of it All
The K5’s new identity starts with the advanced third-generation “N3” platform, which will serve as the foundation for future Kia models. In this application, the platform allows the K5 to sit longer, lower and wider compared to its predecessor, resulting in its aggressive profile and deeper center of gravity for a more exciting driving experience. Additional highlights include:
- Increased exterior dimensions in all the right places for a sport sedan look and feel
- Suspension geometry optimized for sporty handling, responsiveness and stability
- Increased average tensile strength and additional hot stamped parts makes for a solid body in white
- Improved sound deadening materials result in a quieter and more premium cabin
More Turbo. More Traction.
Kia’s exhilarating and efficient powertrain options unleash the spirit of the everyday driver, with a “turbocharged” lineup that includes a choice of two powerful engines. Kia engineers further pushed the envelope with an available eight-speed “wet” dual-clutch transmission for fast and precise gearshifts, plus an available all-wheel drive system for improved traction and capability.
Next Level Technology
New wireless features minimize cord clutter and keep the cockpit clean, while a seamless infotainment display layout and voice command system help keep the driver’s eyes on the road.